A little about me....
I am a Sophomore at The University of South Alabama and I am majoring in Elementary Education. I have always wanted to be a teacher since I was a little girl, so I knew this would be the right profession for me. I am a substitute teacher on the days I do not have class. I wanted to do this just to make sure this was the major I wanted to go into. I absolutely love it. The reason I want to be a teacher is mainly because I love children with all my heart. I also want to make a difference in my students lives and I think this is a good way to do that. I want my classroom to be a place children can come not only to learn, but to have fun while learning. I am so excited to have my own classroom and to be able to impact a child's life in a positive way. I grew up in church and I think it has made me who I am today. I attend First Baptist Church of Wilmer and I love it there.
My Teaching Philosophy

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Test Taking

I am not a big fan on test taking and I never have been. I feel like this is a poor way of measuring students knowledge on so many levels. For one reason, I think a lot of students are just poor test takers. Some children have really bad anxiety about test taking and if they really do know the information on the test they are so nervous that they can not do as well as they should on their test. I think one way to "test" students knowledge would be to have hands on activities for them to do without calling it a test. I know that they have to take the tests that the state requires them to take, but I think teachers should cut back on how many extra tests they give their students.

No comments:

Post a Comment