A little about me....
I am a Sophomore at The University of South Alabama and I am majoring in Elementary Education. I have always wanted to be a teacher since I was a little girl, so I knew this would be the right profession for me. I am a substitute teacher on the days I do not have class. I wanted to do this just to make sure this was the major I wanted to go into. I absolutely love it. The reason I want to be a teacher is mainly because I love children with all my heart. I also want to make a difference in my students lives and I think this is a good way to do that. I want my classroom to be a place children can come not only to learn, but to have fun while learning. I am so excited to have my own classroom and to be able to impact a child's life in a positive way. I grew up in church and I think it has made me who I am today. I attend First Baptist Church of Wilmer and I love it there.
My Teaching Philosophy

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Reading

I am a huge fan of Reading and I think this is a huge tool students should be able to accomplish before they leave the first grade. I think Reading should be a huge part of education. One way I plan to help children with their reading skills is through reading groups. I plan to have the students in my class who can read well and have a high reading level to be in the same group as a student who can not read as well with a low reading level. The reason I think this will be a success in my classroom is that not only are the children who can not read as well are learning how to read, but the children who can read well are getting extra practice at reading as well as learning how to help their peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment