A little about me....
I am a Sophomore at The University of South Alabama and I am majoring in Elementary Education. I have always wanted to be a teacher since I was a little girl, so I knew this would be the right profession for me. I am a substitute teacher on the days I do not have class. I wanted to do this just to make sure this was the major I wanted to go into. I absolutely love it. The reason I want to be a teacher is mainly because I love children with all my heart. I also want to make a difference in my students lives and I think this is a good way to do that. I want my classroom to be a place children can come not only to learn, but to have fun while learning. I am so excited to have my own classroom and to be able to impact a child's life in a positive way. I grew up in church and I think it has made me who I am today. I attend First Baptist Church of Wilmer and I love it there.
My Teaching Philosophy

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Interactive Games

When I become a teacher I plan on using as many interactive games with my students as possible. These games will obviously be educational games, but I plan on using games to enhance their knowledge on the subject area we are working with. I can remember playing educational games when I was in elementary school and it seemed to work with me very well. I think students should be able to do hands on things such as games as well as the desk work. I think this would give every student a chance to learn in the way the learn the best whether it be at their desk doing book work or playing an educational game dealing with the material we are learning that day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ashley, great blog and I'm glad I stumbled upon your interactive games post ... I quite enjoyed it!

    Hey, I apologize for spamming you here, but when you do start teaching, I thought you might be interested in testing out the game-based, citizenship education program I created with your students. Basically, it's an online and face-to-face simulation that turns classrooms into countries and students into citizens. See: http://civicmirror.com

    No need to post/approve this comment ... it's more of a heads up than anything.

    Cheers! And good luck with the rest of your education program!

    Bests,
    Regan.
    http://www.action-ed.com/blog

    ReplyDelete